Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Game Plan

I can hardly believe that 2011 has arrived! I hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday season and now...back to the grind! With only a few months left before baby #2 arrives I'm trying to get organized and make a game plan for 2011.

I started first by reviewing my 2010 year. I was actually pretty happy with how things turned out. In total I made 66 online sales between my Artfire, Etsy, and Zibbet shops. I'm hoping by the end of 2011 to be able to say that I doubled my online sales. By far my best seller was this adorable Crafty Gal Scissor Charm Necklace which sold well both online and off. I have been scouring suppliers the past few days looking for some new cute charms to add to my collection. I would also like to add earrings and keychains in the next couple of months. Instead of making one necklace at a time (if I know they are a good seller) I am now making multiples and packaging them up so they are ready to ship right away. Since I am planning on putting my shop in vacation mode in the middle of April and hoping to reopen in June I'm trying to get as many of my "ducks in a row" before then (here's hoping at least).

I also have made a day to day list for product creation, photography, listing, twittering and blogging to try and keep myself on track and organized. So far I completed almost everything on yesterdays list and the couple of remaining items I moved to the next day. I had "scheduled" myself a couple of days off or catch up days in case I don't complete items and if I do then I get to reward myself with a day of rest and relaxation (well as much as is possible with an energetic toddler at home).

Last but not least my mom and I have been making a plan for Rouge River Beads for 2011 as well. We have some great plans for new shop additions, have set up a bit of a marketing plan and with her living so close by now things are definately progressing well.

What are your plans for 2011? How do you handle business and multiple children? I would love to hear any advice/tips! Wishing everyone a fabulous year ahead!

1 comment: