- To find your Valentine's gift you'll have to follow the clues. Your first one can be found
- It's loaded with paper and filled with ink. It isn't a book so you'll have to think! (on the printer tray)
- For this next clue, you'll have to rush. Search in the place you keep your toothbrush! (the basket where the toothbrushes are kept)
- In here is where we keep the food cold. Open it up before you get old! (the fridge)
- Don't be slow, be quick as a wink. Go look under the kitchen sink! (under the sink)
- Don't give up, you're almost there! Go look under a kitchen chair! (taped under one of the kitchen chairs)
- This one's easy, just take a look....you'll find your next clue with all the books! (on my oldest's bookshelf)
- You haven't finished, don't get uptight. Look where mommy sleeps at night. (under my pillow)
- The hunt is almost over but before you can relax...chek the place where you can find delicious snacks (the pantry cupboard)
- We come in different styles. You'll find us in a drawer. You use us as a tool...Just another BITE more! (the silverware drawer)
- You found the prize and solved the clues-but the treasure I LOVE MOST is you! Happy Valentine's Day!
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Monday, January 21, 2019
I dabbled with some burlap gift bags the previous holiday season then a tshirt last spring for a coworker who was leaving and then I wanted a table runner for myself and lastly the gifts I made for my friends and family this December.
Monday, January 14, 2019
I have had the pleasure of working with many great businesses over the years selling wholesale, through commissioned opportunities and through renting booth space. I'm exploring all 3 options for the current calendar year.
The craft show scene is one area I have never quite mastered. The shows I choose just never seem to be well attended and while I usually cover my table fee and expenses for the day they do not tend to be a great money maker. I do however, try to use each show as a learning opportunity. It is a great chance to actually get my products out on display, interact with people and see what they are looking at and interested in in person and to make other contacts in the craft business. I am going to try and do several shows in 2019 and hopefully I land on afew that are a good fit for Kawartha Beads.
Amazon launched its handmade category in 2015 on its .com and has expanded in recent years to include other marketplaces...such as .ca. Amazon handmade is juried, meaning not everyone can join, you have to apply with your products and be accepted. Kawartha Beads was lucky enough to be involved very early in the process and while I didn't have a huge response with the .com since the Canadian version has launched it is an area that deserves more focus. I am currently working on sending all of my items to FBA meaning that Amazon will fulfill my orders for me and they can be part of Prime, etc. I will delve more into this in a future post.
In the very early days of Kawartha Beads I did a ton of home parties and it is an aspect of my business that I greatly miss. Home parties are intimate and a great opportunity to truly interact with your customers. I have done lunch hour parties where I set up in the break room, porch parties where I set up on a beautiful after on the porch and evening parties. For the year ahead I definitely want to relaunch home parties. If you would like to be a hostess feel free to message me on Facebook to discuss!
Last but not least this blog! I want to commit to write at least one post a week for the remainder of the year sharing with you not only my journey but a breakdown of all of the above topics in greater detail, new products, crafty business tips, ways to organize your workspace, some of my favourite crafty things and more! What would you like me to write more about? Stop by the Kawartha Beads Facebook page and leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!
Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Finally it's the weekend! Here's hoping that you have some time to put your feet up and relax. For those Kindle readers here are afew freebies to cozy in with!
***Please note at the time of this posting all titles were listed for free. Prices subject to change***
Thursday, November 29, 2018
There are tons of little pop up booths with food and gift items in addition to the regular shops. My favourite food treat were the potato tornados from Das Kartoffelhaus but there was no shortage of goodies for those with a sweet tooth. The kids brought home some sensational sugar and gingerbread cookies from The Gingerbread House. The hardest part was only choosing a couple!
In addition to all of the shopping and eating we enjoyed listening to the wonderful carollers and the boys couldn't resist a ride on the carrousel and Ferris wheel where they had a great view of the CN Tower. After dark the giant Christmas tree and all the lights were absolutely breathtaking! And what better way to finish the day then a visit with the jolly man himself at Santa's House.