For those handmade shop owners that have yet to take part in a Trade Event let me warn you....it can be addicting! The Etsy Trade-a-holics Team will be hosting a TNS Event this Halloween weekend beginning at 8am Friday October 29th and running through October 31st at midnight. I am thrilled that Kawartha Beads is on the start up list of shops for shops and am excited to get some trading done for Christmas. You can check out the TNS in the Etsy forums here.
For those of you who aren't familiar with a TNS here is a bit of information courtesy of muffintopdesigns:
"we originally started having Trade and Replace events, which ran very similarly to Buy and Replace (BnR) games. the wonderful FlamingoLady suggested that we switch to a Trade and Stay format, where shops didn't get replaced, but the new shop woukld just get added to the list. this results in way more selection - and way more exposure for shops!!! very cool!
so now, the basic rules are as follows:
- you do NOT have to be a member of the tradeaholics' team to play!
- trade and STAY events are usually 3 or 4 days long
- if someone trades with you, their shop gets added to the list and yours stays on! you CANNOT be added to the list unless you trade onto the list - meaning that you have to trade with someone who is currently on the list to get onto the list
- there are several "listmasters" who try to try to keep the list accurate - it just helps to keep things straight! we try to keep the lists as accurate as possible, as soon as possible - so be patient!
- make sure that you check the most CURRENT list and that you post your trades on the thread so everyone can see what you scored!
- refresh yourself with the rules on trading on the blog - http://etsytradeaholics.blogspot.com .
- any disputes can be convoed to muffintopdesigns or Raevyn77 and we'll try to help
- ** please ** don't forget your manners - if someone convos you for a trade, please respond - even if they don't have anything you need or want. it's better to get a "no" instead of no response at all!
- tradeable items can be tagged with the team tag "TEAM TRADE ON" and/or put all of the items into a section in your shop so browsing is easier! you can also indicate what you are looking for in your shop announcement. if your whole shop is up for trades, you can put that in your announcement as well."
Happy Trading and have a great Halloween weekend!!