Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Benefits of Trading!

So this morning I had my first official Etsy trade! What a wonderful experience. I have a little posting in my shop announcement and had posted in some forum threads that I am a trade friendly shop so I was super excited when I was contacted. Here are some of the benefits that I found through my trade today:

*It means that people are actually visiting my shop and gave me exposure to potential customers
*It helps to increase your number of sales
*It familiarizes you with the checkout process
*It gave me something to relist
*I had a chance to treat myself to something that I might otherwise have "rationalized" myself out of
*It was a chance to practice my packaging
*I will be able to give and receive feedback

For new sellers especially I think that trades are an excellent way to practice and refine your online selling experience. It is important to know how the process works so you can assist a customer if they need it and when those orders start rolling in you will have an idea of what to do. And of course you get to choose something wonderful to enjoy as well! If anyone is interested in trading with Kawartha Beads in my Etsy, Artfire or Zibbet shops please feel free to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment