Thank you velanch for including me in this wonderful collection!
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I am thrilled to have been featured in many Etsy treasuries lately and wanted to share some of them with you this week. It's always such an honour! Thank you
Monday, November 28, 2011
Happy Cyber Monday! Whether you braved the crowds to snatch deals on Black Friday or stayed home to avoid the chaos, today is yet another fabulous day for shopping. This time though enjoy it with a cup of hot coffee in your jammies at the computer! Here are some of the hot deals that I found online:
- Amazon.ca has oodles of specials happening. One of my fav's today (while supplies last) is the complete series of Battlestar Galactica for 64% off! I know a couple of guys on my holiday shopping list that would enjoy this.
- If you enjoy handmade be sure to stop by Etsy or Artfire to take advantage of all of the wonderful shops offering Cyber Monday specials. Bijoux Designs For You is offering 30% off your order with coupon code HOLIDAY30 so take advantage and get some goodies for you mom, sister, aunt or grandma.
- Another great place to stock up on handmade deals is Heartsy. Similar to Wagjag or Groupon but for mostly handmade shops this is a fantastic way to find unique and personal gifts.
- Don't forget to check out the website of your favourite retailers to see what great deals they are offering, plus there's no lineups do deal with!
Friday, November 25, 2011
If I could have whatever I wanted for Christmas here are some of the splurges that I would indulge myself in. If anyone wants to nudge my hubby towards this page then by all means please do!
There is also a Heartsy deal for this shop today!
Would be so cute for my new studio/office
Thursday, November 24, 2011
If you live in Lindsay check this Fridays edition of the Lindsay Daily Post for your Redplum coupon insert. Here's a sneak peek at some of the coupons that you can expect (Yay for the Blistex one, just in time for the cold weather!)
- Save $1.50 off any Spinbrush adult toothbrush (expires June 30, 2012)
- Save $1.00 off any Spinbrush kids toothbrush (expires June 30, 2012)
- Save 41.00 off any Spinbrush Globrush toothbrush (expires June 30, 2012)
- Save $0.75 off any Arm & Hammer toothpaste (expires June 30, 2012)
- Save $0.75 of Blistex Silk & Shine, Deep Renewal or Revive & Restore lip balm (expires March 31, 2012)
- Save $2.00 off Van Houtte ground or whole bean coffee (expires June 30, 2012)
- Save $1.00 off any Nature’s Bounty product (expires March 31, 2012)
- Save $2.00 off any Nature’s Bounty Your Life Prenatal product (expires March 31, 2012)
- Save $1.00 off any Live Clean product (expires March 31, 2012)
- Save $1.00 off any Live Clean Baby product (expires March 31, 2012)
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
| Vintage Kitchen Sca... |
| Retro Kitchen / Coo... |
| Potholder- Quilt Bl... |
| Woman's Day Col... |
| 3 Vintage Cookbooks... |
| The American Woman&... |
| Vintage The Boston ... |
| Aluminum Pie Crimpe... |
| Pretty in Pink and ... |
| Match Safe, Tin Red... |
| Scrabble tile penda... |
| For the Love of Coo... |
| Scrabble tile penda... |
| Vintage Retro 50s c... |
| Vintage Ball Jar 28... |
| Love to Cook Charms... |
Monday, November 21, 2011
What a great way to start the New Year. Grab your coupon for a FREE BOX of Kellogg's Special K Cereal from Websaver.. Coupon MUST BE REDEEMED ON JANUARY 3,2012.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
| Ornament christmas ... |
| Upcycled "The ... |
| Tree-O . 3 cards |
| Snowflake Christmas... |
| Wreath Christmas Gr... |
| Pastel Yellow Snoop... |
| Pair of Pastel Hand... |
| Eco Friendly Pastel... |
| Pastel Christmas Tr... |
| Gift Tags Pink And ... |
| Light Blue Snowflak... |
| Shabby Chic Mini Ha... |
| Wreath Spruce White... |
| Cottage Style Fabri... |
| Personalised Porcel... |
| Ornaments - Vintage... |
Friday, November 18, 2011
I'm a stay at home mom and a teacher. I love everything diy, and especially textiles. I love to sew, crochet and dangle in upcycling projects.
Tell me a bit about your art and your products. What inspires you?
I love baby stuff- so cute! I first started crocheting as a hobby and I had a hard time finding plain, cute things for my son to wear. He is a great model, and I find myself evolving my creations based on what he likes or what I want him to wear. I design and make all of my hats.
How do you share your creations? Where can we find you?
i have an etsy shop (www.littlejennywren.etsy.com), a fb page and I have my hats in some local businesses.
What is your most important lesson since starting your craft/business?
Be flexible. Try something out and see your customer's reaction. If it doesnt' work, try something else. I do alot of custom orders- this way I can make it to the customer's specifications.
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate? Coffee. Although I love earl gray tea
Your favourite candy? Those squishy red strawberry marshmellows.
Your favourite colour?Green.
Your favourite movie? Anything with Owen Wilson
If I were to catch you grooving it would be to this song... Kenny Chesney or Jewel. Good songs to get creative to!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Can you believe that it is the middle of November already! It won't be long before Christmas morning is upon us! For those of you who are doing your holiday shopping online this year and avoiding all of those crazy crowds at the mall the shipping deadlines for Kawartha Beads are as follows
- International: November 22nd
- USA: December 8th
- Canada: December 12th
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
In next week's Shopper's Drug Mart Flyer (Nov.19-25) Vim will be on sale for 99cents so with the $1 tear pad coupon you can get yours absolutely FREE! If you live in Lindsay the uptown Shoppers rarely has these ones in stock but if you brave the downtown location they had plenty last time this deal was on. Saturday is also going to be a 20x the points event. With a Mega Redemption day just around the corner (Dec.3&4) this is your last chance to get some extra Optimum points! If you live in Lindsay I saw some of the Vim coupon tearpads at Loblaws the other day and others have mentioned that they found them at Sobeys. I originally found mine at Foodland so you can try there as well. Happy Shopping!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
- I will be featuring several local artisans in the upcoming weeks. I hope you enjoy learning more about them and their craft. Be sure to check out their shops and/or Facebook pages for great holiday gift ideas! Meet our first local artisan SweetDreams by Tara:
What would you like people to know about you as a person? I am a very hard working single mom to an amazing daughter. Who is always wanting to meet new ppl and try new things. I love working on my crafts esp my dreamcatchers. Or spending time with my daughter wether we are shopping, going out for dinner, or just sitting watching a movie or talking about life.
Tell me a bit about your art and your products. What inspires you? I was down on my luck as some would say back in 2006 and in a homeless shelter, A native lady came in and held a class and taught many of us how to make the dreamcatchers. I found it extreamly relaxing and comforting. When ever I feel anxious or stressed I start making them and it calms me. I love the beauty and variety that dreamcatchers come in. All you need is a little imaginiation and anything is possible. I love to teach others this as well as make and sell my as well.
How do you share your creations? Where can we find you? I have a facebook group where anyone is more then welcome to give feedback or to even add to the group. I often have specials, and post all new dreamcatchers I have for sale or for those I have made in the past. here is the link http://www.facebook.com/groups/198927503486240/
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate? love my herbal fruit teas.
fav candy: love so many, but my fav's are dark choclate the highter the coco the better, red licorice, chocolate covered peanuts and raisins
fav colour is pink
favorite movie: I also have many fav's but would say fiddler on the roof, gone with the wind, or any good action/adventure or even a good drama
If I were to catch you grooving to a song: mmmm anything that is hip hop, reggae, soca, calypso