Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tips for marketing/promotion #2

The week seems to have gone by so quickly! I hope that everyone in the east is surviving the snow. On this grey and blustery day I thought I would expand on my post from last week in which I shared with a crafty friend some of the things I have done to promote the supplies shop I run with my mom, Rouge River Beads. In case you missed the first post you can check it out here.

There are a ton of Etsy forum posts that discuss branding or creating an image for your shop. In addition to having a coherent look, banner and avatar there are plenty of blogs that you can place ads on to get your name/image out there. One of my fav's is Project Wonderful because it allows you to place bids for the amount you would like to spend and many sites even offer FREE spaces (great while you are learning the ropes). There are oodles of crafty bloggers that have spaces to advertise on and I find it easy to use. Not sure how to get started with Project Wonderful? Feel free to send me an email and I would be happy to send you a set of step by step instructions at no cost to you. Need an ad designed? I'd be happy to help out with that as well. I have a super deal in my Artfire shop right now so stop by and check it out!

Sounds like alot more fun than shovelling doesn't it?! More tips/tricks next week so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment