Thursday, November 29, 2018

Our Trip to the Toronto Christmas Market

Nothing gets you feeling festive like a trip to the Toronto Christmas Market in the Distillery District. I decided to take a day off and adventure with the kids and I'm so glad we did!

As a newbie to the market I wasnt sure what to expect nor was I sure if the kids would like it. My boys are a bit older now and luckily for me are into both shopping and eating and there was plenty of that! I would recommend purchasing your tickets ahead of time if you are going on the weekend (the market is free admission weekdays and before 5 on Fridays). We went around 3pm on a Saturday and got in ahead of the lineup.

There are tons of little pop up booths with food and gift items in addition to the regular shops. My favourite food treat were the potato tornados from Das Kartoffelhaus but there was no shortage of goodies for those with a sweet tooth. The kids brought home some sensational sugar and gingerbread cookies from The Gingerbread House. The hardest part was only choosing a couple!

In addition to all of the shopping and eating we enjoyed listening to the wonderful carollers and the boys couldn't resist a ride on the carrousel and Ferris wheel where they had a great view of the CN Tower. After dark the giant Christmas tree and all the lights were absolutely breathtaking! And what better way to finish the day then a visit with the jolly man himself at Santa's House.

Check out the full list of what you can find at the Toronto Christmas Market website.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting excursion to get you in the Christmas spirit!! The lights look amazing and I'm sure the kids were mesmerized with their trip. (I know I would be)

    ReplyDelete